Thursday, January 29, 2015

Journal 1: My Playlist, My Life

Google Images Avicii
If I was a playlist...

A picture is worth a thousand words, so what about a song? There's a lot you can depict from a song that will tell you something about the artists and the fans, but maybe there are some traits that aren't so obvious.
Now, I'm not going to give you a thousand words on why I chose these songs to represent me, but I will give you a few.



One of the songs on my playlist is Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding. If you've never heard this song, I highly recommend you do. This song mixes together alternative music and tops it off with catchy lyrics. These lyrics are easily related to, and I related to them near the beginning of my junior year of high school, when I first tried out powerlifting and soccer. Additionally, at this time I was also going through a breakup, and these lyrics helped me see that the best part about a rough ending is a new beginning.

I'm definitely not a man, but with this song it really doesn't matter. The Man by Aloe Blacc is nothing short of uplifting. This song is easy to listen to and (at least I do) play it over and over again. I first heard part of the song on a Beats Audio commercial and, in those few seconds it was playing, had to look it up. For me, this song gives me confidence, even though (obviously) I'm not a man.



 

The last song I'd like to mention is Geronimo by Sheppard. I really like this song because the chorus line begins with "Say Geronimo..." You normally would say Geronimo if you were about to do something crazy like run into war or jump off a cliff or ski diving, and I think the artists did a good job of telling the listeners that you have to just do what you need to (even if it's scary or risky). I wouldn't say that this song really says a lot about me, except that I do act on things even if they're scary for me or new.

While these songs don't literally tell you a whole lot about me, I think that each and every one of these songs are motivational to me and they leave me in a better mood almost instantly after they start. 






2 comments:

  1. I think is's great that you choose songs that motivate you and that you talk what each one is about. But how do you otherwise relate to these particular songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great songs. Especially The Man. All of these songs send some really powerful messages. I'm just a little confused as to what is going on in the first video. Also are there any other songs that you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete