Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Journal 7: The Art of War

Now, there might be a movie actually called The Art of War, however, this is not about that.

Over the duration of my life, I've been able to watch an immensely huge amount of movies. I've watched everything from horror to classic to romance; and nothing has grabbed my attention more than movies that are based off of historical events.  
  Whether it's WWII or the war over seas in Iraq, war movies are the ones for me. These movies allow viewers to experience great victories and honest horrors of memorable events that our country and others have had to live through over the decades.
  These movies give names, faces, emotions, sound and voices, and circumstantial pressure to viewers that cant possibly be reached through a textbook.
  These movies force viewers to see the harsh truths of war and cultures; such as racism, torture and violence, and political and military stress. I think that these movies allow others to not only see history for what it was, but to also feel it; and I think that's important because it lets us keep a tight hold on those events that have happened to us, and they let us remember and appreciate what our ancestors have done FOR us.

No comments:

Post a Comment