Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Journal 3: New Message From Stevie

Its not you, its me.



I personally think that breaking up with someone over a text message isn't "acceptable" because it shows a huge lack of respect for that person and their feelings. If you're dating someone, I feel like you would have some sort of level of respect for them, and to simply end a relationship with a few words over cyberspace seems like a disrespectful way of dealing with things.

After hearing some of the other responses from my peers in the class I can see breaking up with someone over a message as acceptable in some cases. For example, if you are in an abusive relationship, I can see that you would rather break up at a safe distance without having to worry about anything happening to you.

I also think that if the person you're dating breaks your trust (for example, cheats on you) I can see breaking up through a text as acceptable, although I still think that you would be a bigger person by dealing with it in person.

Overall I can see why breaking up with someone over a message might be a better option in certain cases, however I think that in person is the most mature way of breaking up with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment