Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Journal 4: Power Rangers Go!

A show that almost missed my generation
I don't remember the power rangers as most people did. I didn't watch it all the time (in fact I think I've only seen the show a few times) and I also don't remember the racial stereotypes that were portrayed in the original show that was aired in America.
While reading the article, I did notice what they meant as they described the characters and the traits they had to act out. The fact that the a white male was playing a joke and the leader of the group, how his best friend was black and also had a black suit (later noted as an accident), the blonde peppy girl in a pink suit, the nerdy quit boy that was in a blue suit, and an Asian girl that was in a yellow suit.
As a child, I didn't notice the ironic stereotypes that were pointed out in the article, and I don't know if any kids now would notice. I think that they made pretty blatant stereotypes; however, I don't personally think that it affects how I view the show or how other kids view the show.
Its rude and inaccurate, I just don't feel like it influenced the franchise at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment